Brides and grooms fear the prospects of rainy wedding days. But even couples who have contended with everything from a few drops to an all-out deluge on their wedding days look back fondly on the ceremonies and receptions. In fact, how couples handle any precipitation can affect how happy the festivities may be
- Have a rainy day game plan. Rain affects outdoor weddings more than any other type of ceremony or reception. If the goal is to exchange vows outdoors, work with the venue to make this possible with a tent or gazebo. However, if the weather is especially foul and windy, move it indoors.
- Invest in golf umbrellas. Couples who live in notoriously damp climates can purchase golf umbrellas, which tend to be larger than the average umbrella, and keep them stationed in decorated stands to ease transitions between wedding sites and keep everyone as dry as possible.
- Wear waterproof cosmetics. Women in the bridal party, including the bride, can ask their makeup artists to use durable, waterproof products. This can help salvage beautifully composed looks should some drops begin to fall.
- Know vendors’ rain policies. Some live musicians will not play in damp weather. Florists may need to make accommodations for arrangements blowing in the wind. Couples need to understand what they’re responsible for and what may be covered if a weather event occurs. Wedding insurance may help cover the costs of nonrefundable cancellations.
- Move past it quickly. It is okay to get upset if the weather turns for the worse. But don’t dwell on it. Guests will sense negative energy, and couples should set the tone of sticking it through despite a little adversity — which can be a good lesson for the marriage as well.
- Embrace the rain. While a couple probably won’t wish for rain, there are some benefits to overcast skies, say the wedding
107 Old Ithaca Road, Horseheads, NY 14845
Custom Menus For Any Occasion.
Home-Style Cooking With A Wide Range In Cuisine.
1825B Pennsylvania Avenue, Pine City, NY 14871
Holiday Parties, Corporate Events, Weddings, Rehearsals…
Simply Terrie’s Tuxedos & Gowns
568 Canton Street, Troy, PA 16947
Full Service Bridal Salon
Canyon Country Elite Transportation
11964 US-6, Wellsboro, PA 16901
Elite Transportation Services